- CCY did a great post on Cardcaptor Sakura. It’s probably no secret that Cardcaptor Sakura is my favourite anime ever since I first watched it. It’s a great explanation to what makes the show great despite its average looking appearance and explores on the “love” them.
- Hinano did an awesome animation for a Naruto version of Dango Daikazoku, Naruto Daikazoku! I didn’t really like the Clannad ending theme at first, but Hinano’s animation made me change my mind 😛 Dango rules! It was posted a week ago, so if you haven’t seen it, you really should.
- DS help spiced up Shana by “dango-fying” it into Shannad, a Dango vs Melon-pan epic battle. 3 thumbs up for the large dango that crushed Sakai Yuuji!
It’s been a long time since I’ve done this 😛
- tsubaki of Anime Desho Desho put up an interesting post last night about Seifuku’s and why we go crazy over them. You can find the collection of the best 8 seifuku that was featured in a magazine, voted by its male readers. A few hours ago tsubaki put up another poll to let everyone vote for your favourite seifuku style. *cough*#3*cough*
- Kensaku has gotten more interesting lately with some very nice articles. One of my favourite is his how to make a wish at a temple/shrine in Japan. It’s a common scene in many anime, but do you really know the proper procedures? There’s a lot more to it than what you’ve seen on anime.
- GoddessCarlie posted her thoughts on a BBC Documentary entitled Sex in Japan. You can find the first half of the documentary on YouTube. Be warned that the video isn’t exactly safe for work/kids. There are some inappropriate scenes. Check out Carlie’s post about it first. She summed it up very nicely.
A few more interesting links I’ve found this week 😀
- GoddessCarlie just posted the 2nd part of her article series about learning what it takes to learn Japanese. Last week she talked about whether Nihongo is right for you, this week she goes about the different learning styles.
- There are 2 interesting articles at THAT Animeblog. Impz did a great article on the history of the anime blogging community, which shows a chronology of anime blogs past, present and possible future. Another article that caught my attention was posted by Lupus, where he talks about how people always tend to judge anime by its artwork. It’s true that many people do avoid anime which do not have good artwork and it’s a sad thing as these anime are really hidden gems. An example would be Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge.
- Bateszi did a post more than a week ago on how anime is dead. No, he’s not talking about “anime”, but the meaning of the word “anime”. It’s quite interesting and well worth the read.
- Ever wonder if some of the more bizarre looking Pokemon were based on real life creatures found on our lovely Earth? Check the Biology of Pokemon out and learn something new. While some are probably quite obvious, others were just hard to guess. It seems that many are actually based off deep-sea creatures. No wonder they are hard to guess! Who would have guessed that Manaphy and Phione were based off Clione, the elegant looking sea snails?
- Social Web